Sunday, January 4

Lady neigbour number 1 has returned from her holidays ...

... How do I know?
I can hear her sweeping the dunny lane* as I type.
In other news, I ate a gluten free pie yesterday, accidentally you understand, but it wasn't half bad. New people have taken over the lovely french bakery I passed yesterday on my walk back from shopping (having got the "good" park, right out front, we may never move the ute again). I'd not noticed the change at all until the shop lady alerted me to the fact before I wandered out, "you know those pies are gluten free don't you?". Well no, I didn't, but I'd gone and paid and wasn't going to fling it back in her face. So I ate it, if she hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have know.




*Just in case there are some out there who don't know what a dunny lane is, this is a dunny lane. It's the slim alley between 2 houses that was used, in times past, before indoor plumbing, by the chap who would regularly visit to empty your loo. Now we just keep the bins in it.

2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

I think we call it the alley, though you seem to be a lot more generous with it than I would.
Why don't you write a Winnie the Pooh book? Eee!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, it's not wide enough to be an alley, you can almost touch both houses if you stand in the middle, hands outstreached.
One day I may paint pooh, piglet, owl & the rest all down the side.